Watch the webinar!
Inclusion is clearly related to better outcomes for young children—but reports from the US Department of Education show the practice has grown by just 5% over the past 27 years. This is the how-to book preschool administrators, school district leaders, child care directors, and faculty need to step up the progress of early childhood inclusion through big-picture, systems-level change.
Shaped by feedback from a nationwide survey of IDEA Part B Preschool Coordinators and local school district leaders who shared their real-life inclusion challenges, this is your comprehensive toolbox of problem-solving tips, evidence-based practices, and practical checklists and handouts. You'll learn how to overcome the challenges to a high-quality inclusive preschool program, and you'll create a solid action plan for building and maintaining a successful program where all children learn and grow together.
GET THE TOOLS YOU NEED TO:
- solve common challenges to inclusion through new policies and procedures
- establish a strong inclusion team to make collaborative decisions
- implement an action plan for inclusion—and measure its effects
- increase access, participation, and supports for children with disabilities
- help teachers use evidence-based practices like RTI and differentiated instruction
- develop effective teacher professional development practices
- make sound decisions about placement for each individual child
PRACTICAL MATERIALS:Reproducible planning forms and tools;more than 100 PowerPoint slides to help structure professional development events; tips and lessons from effective school reform efforts across the country; application and reflection questions for independent study and coursework.
A featured book in our Successful Early Childhood Inclusion Kit!
See how this product helps strengthen Head Start program quality and school readiness.Watch a webinar to get an inside look!