Book Title: The Mindfulness Toolbox: 50 Practical Tips, Tools & Handouts for Anxiety, Depression, Stress & Pain
Publisher: PESI Publishing & Media
Author: Donald Altman
A Complete Guide to Mindfulness Tools for Clinicians.
- Mindfulness Skills Workbook for Clinicians and Clients: 111 Tools, Techniques, Activities & Worksheets
- The CBT Toolbox: A Workbook for Clients and Clinicians
- CBT Worksheets: CBT Worksheets for CBT therapists in training: Formulation worksheets, Padesky hot cross bun worksheets, thought records, thought ... worksheets and CBT handouts all in one book.
- 101 Trauma-Informed Interventions: Activities, Exercises and Assignments to Move the Client and Therapy Forward
- A Clinician's Guide to Teaching Mindfulness: The Comprehensive Session-by-Session Program for Mental Health Professionals and Health Care Providers
- The Expanded Dialectical Behavior Therapy Skills Training Manual: DBT for Self-Help and Individual & Group Treatment Settings, 2nd Edition
- DBT® Skills Training Handouts and Worksheets, Second Edition
- The CBT Art Activity Book: 100 illustrated handouts for creative therapeutic work
- 101 Mindful Ways to Build Resilience: Cultivate Calm, Clarity, Optimism & Happiness Each Day
- 150 More Group Therapy Activities & TIPS
At last, an authoritative book filled with mindfulness tools that deliver an essential set of engaging, practical strategies along with key research and evidence-based information. The awareness boosting methods in this guidebook offer participants a means of reappraising and observing negative and anxious thoughts, habits, pain, and stress in fresh ways that produce new insight, positive change, and a sense of hope.
Featuring over 40 easy to use, reproducible handouts and expertly crafted, guided scripts such as working with the breath, overcoming depression with here and now pleasantness, calming the anxious mind with sense grounding, expanding a client s strength narrative, the stress pause S-T-O-P technique, and meditations for peace, acceptance, and re-envisioning pain this book is ideal for clinicians wanting to integrate mindfulness into their work. PRAISE FOR THE MINDFULNESS TOOLBOX:
"The ceaselessly creative Donald Altman, in his never-ending quest to make mindfulness practice accessible to anyone motivated to learn it, has once again broached new ground in elaborating simple, useful techniques for applying mindfulness in everyday life. The Mindfulness Toolbox is a veritable wonderland of user-friendly implements of mindfulness practice, all laid out to maximize a new (and maybe not-so-new) practitioner's ability to effectively use applied mindfulness. The Mindfulness Toolbox will be a tremendous aid and benefit to all people who practice and teach mindfulness. Jeffrey M. Schwartz, M.D.
, author of Brain Lock
and You Are Not Your Brain
Donald Altman s newest book, The Mindfulness Toolbox, is an important work for how it will reduce emotional and physical suffering in the world. Highly practical and well-organized, the book tackles the key areas of stress, anxiety, depression, and pain. The evident care and attention given to the guided scripts and handouts will help build the therapeutic relationship with patients all the while guiding them gently and persistently toward a more expansive awareness and a deepened sense of self-compassion and self-acceptance. I highly recommend it.Christopher Kennedy Lawford
, best-selling author, Symptoms of Withdrawal
, Recover to Live
, and What Addicts Know
In an era of high popularity for anything labeled with the word "Mindfulness", Altman has written a user-friendly and practical book that is as fun to read as it is helpful. He provides great handouts and suggestions for how to describe mindfulness to clients so that they can gain peace of mind when feeling anxious and optimism in the face of depression. Highly recommended.John B. Arden, Ph.D.
, author of The Brain Bible
Mindfulness has swept through the mental health profession in the past several decades and plays a major role in important modalities such as DBT, ACT, Mindfulness-Based Cognitive Therapy for Depression, Mindfulness-Based Relapse Prevention and others. Whether or not you are trained in any of these modalities, The Mindfulness Toolbox by Donald Altman is the resource you need to strengthen your use of mindfulness with a wide variety of clients. His new book presents a comprehensive set of highly practical, effective techniques, tools and handouts that will enable you to skillfully utilize mindfulness in your clinical work. The easy-to-use interventions for anxiety, depression, stress and pain are described in clear language that reflects the kindness and beauty of mindfulness.Terry Fralich, LPC, JD
, author of The Five Core Skills of Mindfulness
and Cultivating Lasting Happiness